an idle mind and a fine city...

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Homesick

For the first time since I started woking here, I can say that I'm homesick. Maybe it's because I was sick that I longed for home. And I'm actually fighting tears as I'm writing this. But I guess, it's just about time that I feel this way. I'm starting to think that there's something wrong with me when I ask myself, how come I don't miss home. It seems that being assigned to projects abroad and being away from home after college helped. This experience is just like one long project assignment and one day I will be back home again.
But after a year it seems that my mind, my body and my heart long to be back home. To be with my family and friends, to drive my car, to be in Glorietta and GB3, eat cheap and delicious food, listen to Chico and Delamar, watch showbiz talk shows and local drama series, to feel the cool breeze of Baguio, to go to a real white sand beach, etc etc etc!
It also seems that life has become routine. Monday - we go to work then go home, watch TV, sometimes play Burnout in PS2, sleep. Tuesday - we go to work then go home, watch TV, sleep. Wednesday - we go to work then have something to eat in china town, go back to the office to do recon, then go home, watch TV, sleep. Thursday - we go to work then go home and play tennis, have dinner in Mc Donalds, watch TV, sleep. Friday - we go to work and sometimes go to the mall and watch a movie or just have dinner. Saturday - wake up a little late, have lunch, sometimes go to the mall. Sunday - try to wake up early for 7am Tennis, then sleep again, have lunch then go to Mass. Life has become a routine.
I guess moving from one flat to another and dealing with crappy real estate agents has taken its toll on me. Our life was somehow put on hold until we have settled in a new one. I was even thinking that I don't want to go through this again if we're giong to change flats next year. I'd rather go back home. *Sigh* Hopefully by this weekend I can get my life together again.

Shout Out: I desperately need a vacation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home